Marnga’s Fishing Adventures
This is Marnga. He came to visit the clinic because he had been up to some mischief while helping the family on one of their fishing expeditions. Unfortunately he had forgotten that the bait was for the fish and decided to chow down on the fishing bait, swallowing the line and the rather large fish hook holding the bait. Radiographs showed that the fish hook was sitting in his stomach and surgery was required to remove it.
Joking aside, Marnga demonstrates a really important risk when taking our pets on camping and fishing trips. Even under cautious circumstances it only takes a matter of seconds for them to devour hook, line and sinker. It’s therefore important to educate children and family members, and to keep spare hooks, bait and lines safely stowed when not in use, as no one wants to have to make a rushed trip to the veterinary clinic. Even sinkers can cause issues if they become lodged or stuck. We’ve also had instance of lead toxicity due to dogs having swallowed sinkers. We are happy to report that Marnga is making a full recovery and hope we can all learn from his example.
- Categories: Clinic Stories, Happy Outcomes
- Share Article: Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share via Email