Some breeds don’t shed their hair effectively (eg. Poodles) and require grooming by a professional every 6-8 weeks. Long haired cats can particularly benefit from regular brushing as it helps prevent the formation of knots on the skin and hairballs in the stomach.
Professional Grooming Services
There are professional grooming services available in Broome. To enquire, or book in for an appointment contact either:
- Pampered Pooches on 0404 557 701 (also available for Derby)
- Happy Hounds on 08 9192 6170 or 0425 215 480
If your pet finds the experience traumatic or you have a very matted cat then Broome vets will offer a clip under sedation service.
Broome vets also has a hydrobath and offers a dog washing service, including a tick and flea rinse. Please ring to book.
Grooming at Home
We encourage you to also engage in regular brushing with your pet at home. There are numerous benefits of regular brushing, for example:
- Decreased chance of skin problems
- Optimal skin cleanliness and comfort for you and your pet
- Improved monitoring of health issues like cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament.
- Enhanced behavioural routines with obedient submission during grooming periods
- Closer bonding with your pet through regular contact
Grooming supplies can be purchased in our pet store area in reception.